In an increasingly global economy, international experience for Indiana University MBA candidates comes from hands-on work in the field as much as the classroom. A group of students, led by Dr. Phil Powell, travel to Peru to help local entrepreneurs tackle business challenges using cutting edge business practices. The Kelley MBA GLOBASE initiative provides a unique social enterprise experience by partnering with Peruvian businesses to make a global impact.


Monday, March 9, 2009

The Morning Sun

I awoke from the morning sun shining down on my face. Trust me, thsi is not how I planned to wake up, its just that my roommate Eric and I forgot to close the curtains! From our hotel room on the 16th floor, we can see the Pacific Ocean, downtown Miraflores, and what looks to be the highlands of the Andes Mountains. This hotel is nice.

After viewing the sites from the room, we ventured down for breakfast. WOW, was my first impression. Freshly squeezed guava, orange, and pineapple juice was just the beginning. Made to order omelettes, french toast, silver-dollar pancakes, fruit, pastries-everything you could wish for; and all served buffett style. If I haven't said it already, this hotel is very nice.

After breakfast, off to explore the rest of the hotel-a tour of the shops and common areas took me to the gimnasia y piscina (gym and pool). Of course I had to get my workout in and then jump into the heated pool-complete with waterfall. Wait until you see my pictures...

Did I mention, this hotel is awseome? Until I upload my photos, check out these two links:
http://www.casa-andina.com/peru_hotels/miraflores_hotel-2-1-16.phtm

http://www.casa-andina.com/peru_hotels/pmiraflores_gallery2.php#

Off to get ready to start the day...Buenos Dias!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Guys,

    My name is Rodrigo and I am a Peruvian entrepreneur exporting organic produce to the US. I just read the IU website that you are coming (you are already here!) to Peru with your GLOBASE program. Could it be possible that you include my company in your visit plan??

    Best regards,

    Rodrigo

    PS: my older brother is an alumni of the Kelly School of Business MBA!! It is a small world!!

    ReplyDelete