In an increasingly global economy, international experience for Indiana University MBA candidates comes from hands-on work in the field as much as the classroom. A group of students, led by Dr. Phil Powell, travel to Peru to help local entrepreneurs tackle business challenges using cutting edge business practices. The Kelley MBA GLOBASE initiative provides a unique social enterprise experience by partnering with Peruvian businesses to make a global impact.


Monday, March 30, 2009

Warm and Fuzzy

When we came back from spring break in Peru, the weather in Indiana was lovely. It felt like a change was in the air, partially from mother nature, and partially from what we had learned throughout the past 10 weeks now. But like our consulting projects, the weather changed before I knew it, and I soon had the opportunity to wear the cozy handmade 100% alpaca wool fashions that I got from my client, OriginAlpaca. As I type this, I am wearing my new scarf. To most of my classmates, it is just a scarf. But when my GLOBASE classmates see me wearing it, they know. The scarf is my love of a company I knew nothing about a few months ago. It's my desire to share the value proposition of a product I so intimately know with the world. It's a connection between me and my other teammates, who understand every detail that goes into the scarf, and the thoughts that go through the consumers' minds when considering purchasing it. It's the sweat and the laughter and the blood and the tears that went into our final presentation. And that makes my scarf extra warm and fuzzy on a cold March day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment