In an increasingly global economy, international experience for Indiana University MBA candidates comes from hands-on work in the field as much as the classroom. A group of students, led by Dr. Phil Powell, travel to Peru to help local entrepreneurs tackle business challenges using cutting edge business practices. The Kelley MBA GLOBASE initiative provides a unique social enterprise experience by partnering with Peruvian businesses to make a global impact.


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My first time...

Today was a day of firsts. We traveled to lunch with our client, Mili Blume, and dined at an upscale traditional Peruvian restaurant. Marcos ordered a very exotic dish complete with cow stomach, cow heart, chicken heart and assorted other meats. Mike Seeger opted for the swordfish and Lucia Chen had fried porkchops.

Now it's time to guess what I ate? Okay, okay, I admit; I did not have anything too exotic (a variation of steak), but I did try the swordfish and chicken hearts! The chicken hearts were not too bad-they actually tasted like sausage.

The second first I had was venturing to a custom tailor. My roommate Eric and I purchased 2 custom dress shirts each. The feeling of getting measured by a tailor for perfectly made-to-fit shirts was awesome. I may end up going back for a custom suit...who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment