In an increasingly global economy, international experience for Indiana University MBA candidates comes from hands-on work in the field as much as the classroom. A group of students, led by Dr. Phil Powell, travel to Peru to help local entrepreneurs tackle business challenges using cutting edge business practices. The Kelley MBA GLOBASE initiative provides a unique social enterprise experience by partnering with Peruvian businesses to make a global impact.


Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Welcome to the Home Stretch

We submit our final presentation slide deck at 5:00pm today to be printed. Between now and then, you say? Proofread the deck for those idiot typos everyone in the world makes under pressure and practice to make sure the timing works out.

We have plans for a nice dinner, organized by someone other than me. I am not sure but I think the restaurant's name translates into "Witch." One thing I have grow very appreciative of during my time here has been the openness and creativity of Peru and the people. Names for restaurants and other places are sometimes scary, enlightening, sexy, hopeful, and other eye-catching things. It has added a spice to my life that I find ad hoc at best in the US. I will miss it.

Am I feeling bittersweet right now? I think so. I will write more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment